Meredith marinated fresh goats cheese is The. Bomb! It’s the creme da la creme of fetta cheese, of any cheese. It’s made locally to Geelong and sold all around the world. If you haven’t tried it, do yourself a favor and seek it out, and then open the jar and eat it. It’ll be a life choice you won’t regret.
Pulled Pork – click on the ‘pulled pork’ tag (recipe in pulled pork quesadillas) for the pulled pork recipe – best to do this a day or two in advance as the pork will take all to cook.
- 2 cups of strong, white bread flour – I use Lauke Bread flour. Made in South Australia
- 1tsp instant yeast and 1/2 tsp sugar mixed with 1 cup of warm water – leave for 10 until frothy
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or olive oil
Mix oil and yeast mixture into the flour, in a bowl. Stir until combined and you’ve got a sticky dough. Turn out on a floured surface and knead for 5 – 10 minutes and leave to prove for 1/2 hour to an hour in a warm spot.
- Preheat oven to around 220*C. Knock back the dough, cut into about 5-6 equal sized pieces and roll each piece out into a thin round (about 1/2cm thick). Place on oven trays.
- Cover each base with 1/2 tsp of tomato sauce base. **See note
- Spread a handful of shredded pork over each pizza, then top with torn mozzarella or your favorite cheese.
- Cook each pizza for around ten minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Cut into wedges and crumble some Meredith Marinated Goats Cheese. Happy days.
**For the tomato sauce base I used a mixture of 3 different tomato chutneys and chilli jams I had hanging around in the cupboard, but you could use a tomato pasta sauce, pasata, tomato paste, tomato relish, any tomato chutney or chilli jam or tomato salsa (the jarred dorito chip dip works well here). Whatever you use, a few teaspoons will be enough to cover this quantity of dough. Play with different flavors and see what you like best.