- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cup SR flour
- Cream butter and sugar
- Mix in egg
- Fold in sifted flour until you have a soft dough
- Divide the dough in half. Put 1 half in the fridge
- Press the remaining half flat, about 1/2cm thick, with your hands on a floured surface. Cut into rounds using a wine glass or cup that has been dipped in flour and place them onto a greased tray. Repeat with the second half of the dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.